Thursday, July 4, 2019

July 4, 1981

A flyer from a show we did at Cain Park on July 4, 1981. One of my memories of this was the hassle it took to get there for the Saturday show. I lived downtown, Cain Park is in Cleveland Heights, so I took the rapid to University Circle, not so simple. I get on the rapid at CUT, but near 55th the overhead wires were down. So we're stuck, can't go forward, can't go backwards. lest we hit a train coming behind us. Some guy who wanted to get to the race track started freaking out, he's trying to pry the doors of the car open, motorman was yelling at him. Eventually the track behind was cleared, and a half hour later I'm back at CUT. They had a shuttle bus, but those take too long. I ended up grabbing the 6-A to University Circle. then the 9 up to Cedar, walked the rest of the way, a few blocks. The two shows went over with a bang!

No comments: