Friday, June 24, 2022

Addy's Diner

 Last month we had a most unpleasant experience at Addy's Diner, in the Colonial (5th Street) Arcade, 530 Euclid Avenue. I don't know what the problem was, but from the minute we walked in we were greeted with hostility. They didn't have any of the three items I tried to order, so I finished my iced tea and we left. The entire time, I was being badmouthed by the waitress for not ordering the most expensive item on the menu. We went there because we'd heard good things about the place, big mistake. They didn't have three menu items at lunch time! I was willing to be flexible, but I wasn't going to order something I didn't want. We think they were hostile to us because we were from out-of-town, funny thing is forty-five years ago I lived in an apartment upstairs in the Colonial Hotel, there was a good restaurant in here back then. We'll avoid the Fifth Street Arcade in the future.

No comments: