Today is the 95th anniversary of the opening of Keith's 105th Street Theatre at 10520 Euclid Avenue. The Rapp & Rapp designed theatre had a capacity of 2,800 and was originally a two-a-day vaude house before adopting a vaude-pix policy in 1923. By the 1960's the theatre was showing mostly second rate pix, before the lobby was turned into a porn house in the 1970's. Keith's 105th was razed in November 1981.
From Variety, November, 18, 1921.
From Exhibitor's Trade Review, July 7, 1923.
From Motion Picture News, November 21, 1925.
From The Plain Dealer, November 20, 1921.
From The Plain Dealer, November 27, 1921.
From The Plain Dealer, May 23, 1927.
From Motion Picture Herald, August 17, 1946.
From Box Office, August 28, 1954.
From The Plain Dealer, February 24, 1956
From Motion Picture Daily, March 6, 1956.
From Box Office, March 24, 1956. Jack Silverthorne was the longtime manager of the downtown Hipp.