St. Ladislas was established in December 1889 on Cleveland's east side, later a new church was constructed at Easy 92nd & Holton Avenue. Disputes between Maygars and Slovaks led to riots in August 1891, this dispute eventually led to the founding of St Benedict church on Lamontier Avenue in 1928. St. Ladislas was destroyed by fire on August 8, 1970.
Above: From Slovaks in Cleveland by Eleanor E. Ledbetter 1918.
Below: Two items from the Catholic Universe Bulletin, December 17, 1937.