Philadelphia's Boyd Theatre at 1908 Chestnut Street, opened on December 25, 1928, Cinerama was installed in 1953. The theatre was renamed the Sam Eric in 1971 and closed in 2002. Now endangered, a group is trying to save Philadelphia's last motion picture palace. For more information see the Friends of the Boyd page. The following images are from Motion Picture News, February 2, 1929.