The 3,200 seat Belmont Theatre at 1635 W. Belmont Avenue was built by the local Lubliner & Trinz circuit and opened in 1925. The architect W.W. Ahlschlager later became famous as the designer of the Roxy Theatre. Balaban & Katz took over the theatre in 1930 and operated it until the mid 1960's when it was converted into a bowling alley. The theatre was razed in 1996.
Opening ad from Cinema Treasures.
Above, drawings and photos from Motion Picture News, June 24, 1927.