The Sheridan Theatre at 4036 N. Sheridan Road was designed by J.E.O. Pridmore and had a seating capacity of 2,649. The Sheridan closed in 1951 and later became a synagogue. After the congregation moved in the 1970's the Sheridan used for Spanish films under the name Teatro El Palacio. This operation ended in the early 1990's and the theatre was razed. The following are from the Showmen section of Motion Picture News, April 7, 1928.