S&H Green Samps were once given away at stores and could be redeemed for merchandise in S&H catalogs. S&H stood for Sperry & Hutchinson who began offering the stamps as premiums to customers of grocery stores in 1896. The stamps were popular from the 1930's up through the early 1970's, although a few stores still offer them today.
S&H sign on the side of the former Clarke Bros./Acme Market on Pittston Avenue, Scranton.
Stamps were pasted into books, usually with a value of $3.00 when full.
Stamps could be traded for items as seen above in a catalog from 1970.