90 years ago today Loew's Cameo opened. The 1,250 seat theatre at 709 Euclid Avenue was originally the Columbia Theatre which opened in 1887, but was renamed the Star in 1889. The Star became a burlesque house sometime in the 1890's and operated as such until the early 1920's when Loew interests purchased the site. The Cameo was completely rebuilt at a cost of $100,000 and featured a singing organist and cameos decorating the theatre. Loew's sold the Cameo in October 1931, but the theatre continued to operate until the end of 1937. The house was then purchased by Henry Greenberger and Max Lefkowich who razed the house, excluding the sidewalls, completely rebuilt it, reopening it as the Embassy on October 13, 1938. The Embassy would close on December 1, 1977 and was subsequently razed.